At Our Lady’s Assumption Outside School Hours Care, we understand it is essential to provide educational programs that are child led, align with the children’s interests, are stimulating and ultimately enrich a child’s learning and development.
Our service provides a healthy and safe environment where children are supported in relation to their wellbeing and protection creating a nurturing, inviting environment where children feel safe and secure to explore and build on their strengths.
Our Centre offers both an indoor and outdoor environment for children to participate and engage in diverse learning opportunities. Children will be given opportunities to question, explore, discover and become independent learners through open-ended experiences.
Our team of educators are experienced and knowledgeable and work in unison to ensure all children are given a safe and predictable setting while providing the very best quality care and education. With a focus on building warm, positive and respectful relationships, our educators aim to support children’s social and emotional development, where educators and children learn together and share decisions that build respect and trust, encouraging children to explore their environment and engage in play, motivating new and exciting challenges.
Our Lady’s Assumption Outside School Hours Care Centre offers an educational leisure program where routines are embedded to provide a secure and safe environment, intentional learning through observations and learning journeys created by our educators to help strengthen and support each child’s skills and abilities and spontaneous learning activities are experienced by children because educators build on each learning environment to provide new experiences. Our Lady’s Assumption Outside School Hours Care Centre works alongside Our Lady’s School and follows the philosophies and beliefs of the school.
What our service provides
Our Lady’s Assumption Outside School Hours Care Centre provides Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care, as well as all day care during Pupil Free Days. Our Lady’s Assumption Outside School Hours Care Centre commenced Term 3, 2019 and is continually growing in numbers as we help support families through changing times and life’s work obligations.
We offer the following services:
- Before School Care service operation times are 7am to 8.40am. During this session, children are offered breakfast that consists of cereal, toast or fruit. At 8.30am, our OSHC educators will walk children directly to their classrooms for students attending Kindy, Pre-Primary, Year 1 and Year 2 to help settle them in for their school day. This session costs $23 per child (before the childcare subsidy).
- After School Care operates from 3pm to 6pm. Our OSHC educators collect Kindy, Pre-Primary, Year 1 and Year 2 children from their classrooms each afternoon and walk them to the OSHC room. This session includes afternoon tea plus fruit and water. This session costs $33 per child (before the childcare subsidy).
- Vacation Care days operate from 7am to 6pm. We provide breakfast, morning tea and afternoon tea with the occasional lunch included (this is depending upon the program). The rates for vacation care are as follows and are prior to childcare subsidy:
- Vacation Care (in house only) $78
- Vacation Care + incursion $88
- Vacation Care + excursion $93
Pupil Free Days operate the same as a Vacation Care day 7am to 6pm and is $78 per child (not including incursions or excursions) and prior to the childcare subsidy.
Children may attend our service from 1st January the year that they enter Kindy at Our Lady’s Assumption School. Unfortunately, our license does not cater for Pre-Kindy children.
If you would like to enrol your child/ren please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0477 870 011. Please note on acceptance of enrolment the following forms and documents must be included;
- An enrolment form must be completed for each child.
- A completed direct debit form.
- A birth certificate must be sighted for each child and a copy provided.
- A current up to date immunisation record for each child (this is found on the MyGov website under the Medicare Section).
- Should your child have allergies or medical requirements, a Health Care Plan form will also be required to be completed.
On enrolment confirmation, parents will be provided with a family handbook and a security card to gain access to the Our Lady’s Assumption Outside School Hours Care Centre via the gates on Chester Avenue.
If you would like your child to attend the Vacation Care program, you will also be required to complete a Vacation Care booking form (confirming your days). This program will be included in the school newsletter and emailed to families at least two weeks prior to the start of each holiday period. Please note bookings are made on a first-come first-served basis.
Kristen Ruffo is the OSHC Nominated Supervisor. Kristen holds a Bachelor of Social Science with a major in Children and Family Studies and many years’ experience within the childcare industry.
If you would like more information about our Outside School Hours Care Centre please feel free to contact us on 0477 870 011 or email us on email@example.com or simply pop into the Centre when you’re next at the school as our door is always open.
We look forward to seeing you soon!