School Advisory Council
From 1 January 2021 the Our Lady’s Assumption School Advisory Council (OLASAC) commenced, previously operating as the OLA School Board. This change in governance is a result of the process CEWA undertook in 2019 to become an Incorporated entity, and commenced operating under the new governance structure of CEWA Ltd in 2020. Consequently, all diocesan schools, including Our Lady’s Assumption School, are now part of CEWA Ltd.
The Board of CEWA Ltd is the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia (CECWA). The current School Advisory Council Constitution is under review by CECWA and is due to be implemented in 2022. The OLASAC will operate under interim Terms of Reference during this transitional arrangement.
The Advisory Council is comprised of the Principal and Leadership Team along with various parents with specific skills to provide strategic and financial guidance to the School. The focus for the OLASAC in 2021 will be to finalise the current OLA Strategic Plan 2019-2021 whilst also developing plans for the new OLA Strategic Plan 2022 – 2025.
Current members of the Advisory Council are:
- Greg Martin – Principal (Ex-Officio)
- Nigel Swavley – Chairperson
- Narelle Roberts – Deputy Chairperson
- Karen Meleca – Secretary
- Mark La Cava – Treasurer
- Edmund O’Halloran – Parish Representative
- Deanna Marocchi – School Community Engagement Representative
- Michael Morris – Assistant Principal (Ex-Officio)
- Anella Tollis – Assistant Principal (Ex-Officio)
- Fr. Kenneth D’Souza – Parish Priest (Ex-Officio)
The OLASAC meets as outlined in the School Calendar. The Annual General Meeting will be held in November.