The primary role of a Catholic school is to support parents in the faith education of their children. Parents play an integral role in the life of the school and can contribute in many positive ways to the education of their children. When children see their parents and teachers sharing common beliefs, attitudes and goals, they feel more secure and demonstrate a greater sense of self-worth.
Parents are involved at Our Lady’s Assumption School include:
- as parent helpers in the classroom, particularly in areas such as literacy activities, art and craft and physical education.
- as volunteer helpers for various activities such as canteen, library, uniform committee, busy bees, or helpers on excursions.
- as members of the school community, they elect and may be elected, as members of the School Board.
- as parents in the school, they are members of the Parents and Friends Association and may be elected to serve on the committee each year.
- by supporting various social functions and fundraising activities held throughout the school year.